Friday, June 24, 2005

Tag, Yer It.

But first the rules to this meme game:


Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place; add your blog's name in the #5 spot; link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross pollination effect.

  1. Presentstorms Corner
  2. Blog, Blah, Blah
  3. Adventures of a Domestic Engineer
  4. Crazy Like A Zircon
  5. Yeah, I'm A Cat
Next: select new friends to add to the pollen count. (No one is obligated to participate).
  1. Sherry
  2. Jovianne
  3. Birdie
So ... the challenge is to list the five things I miss most from childhood.

1.) My youth. No kidding. I wish I was young again, without this crappy thyroid problem, bad hips, bad knees and ears that work. Yeah, that'd be nice. Who wouldn't want to go back in time and be young again? Plus I was good looking, not graying and skeletal.

2.) My sister, Mei Ling. She was the best and took care of me. I can still remember curling up with her in the "big chair" in Ed's apartment. Then Kim would come over and I could see into the future and picture the family that would come several years later. But my picture had Mei Ling in it.

3.) Attention. (Okay, non-stressful attention.) Once Syd and K were born, I didn't get half the attention that I was used to, or deserved. Remember, I'm a Cat, and it's all about me! Sure, the girls give me attention, and Syd's is okay, but other kids just bother me.

4.) Outdoors. When I was a kitten, Ed and Kim used to put me on a leash and walk me around their college. I didn't care much for the leash, but since it meant I was allowed outside, I'd deal with it. I loved smelling the flowers, eating the grass and just being in the warmth.

5.) Blissful Ignorance. As a kitten, all I knew about or cared about was eating, sleeping, playing and having a clean litterbox. With growing up, grows responsibility and knowledge. We become aware of the world beyond us. I wish I didn't know or understand about war, disease, failure and death.

I'm going to have to give this a second shot, later. As I re-read this, it sounds so ... so ... depressing.

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Jovianne said...

Little One, I don't think what you wrote is depressing. You are fortunate that you had a wonderful childhood that you can remember fondly. You have obviously been loved for a very long time. Sadly there are many cats out in the big world that will never know that feeling.
I hope you are feeling better these days.

Thanks for the tag, I shall work on it today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home