Monday, August 30, 2004

Mini-humans ... Maxi-decibles

Rrowr!

Why Oh Why are human children soooo loud? I've lost most of my hearing and they still drive me bonkers.

Kim watches a couple kids after school for a little extra cash, so for about 1 1/2 hrs. during the afternoon there are 4 running around. The noise is, well, deafening. Mostly the first 15 mins. or so when they first get to the house. This is a sort of "burn-down" time where they're expelling a bunch of excess energy stored from school. I guess they have the "kiddie-rips." After that, the sound level depends on the amount of homework needs to be done.

I'm not the only one that gets bothered ... today, both Jenny and I took refuge in Ed's office (one of only a couple areas that the kids aren't allowed.) Jasper holed himself up in Ed's and Kim's bedroom. (The other off-limit's area.) Luckily, being Monday, everyone had to leave early to go to dance classes.

Sometimes I wish that I go the rest of the way deaf. (But not really.)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home