Friday, June 25, 2004

Games Cats Play, part 1: Barf Wars

Playing Field: Any Floor in the house.
Safe base: sink, tub, paper or outdoors.

Player A: Cat with upset tummy

Player B: Human

Game Play: Player A starts match by very loudly announcing the need to yak up a hairball or other such stomach contents. Player B's objective is protecting the playing field by sliding something under Player A as barf comes up or by moving Player A to safe base. Player A objective is to barf on the floor.

Player A Proposed Game Strategy: Do the "Hurka-Hurka-Hurka" sound while moving backwards, thereby creating a moving target. As human slides paper under, at last moment turn head to get it past the paper. Extra points for multiple points of puke contact. Hitting the furniture will also bring bonus points for Player A, but will probably be more fiercely guarded by Player B. The true pro can power-puke at will.

Player B Proposed Game Strategy: Grab Player A and hold over safe base. Massive point deduction for allowing Player A to barf in transit to safe base maximizing Player A's coverage.

Game is over when Player A is feeling better or banished from playing field

7 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Seeker said...

I hate cats, I actually just got rid of the demon I had not too long ago, but after dealing with him for that long I it makes me laugh because you are exactly right on the money.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linked from Dan Tobin's blog--the oldcatman couldn't resist a 'cat' blog!
I have 3 cats (1 dog, many chickens, 1 duck, 2 goats, 3 horses, 6 tanked fish,
a pond full of fish and 1 muskrat).....and I do a political satire blog in a genre
that you have to read! Pay me a visit, you all. Meow.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post literally had me laughing so hard I cried. Thank you.

webmiztris.diaryland.com

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Jovianne said...

you made my day with this !!! its so true !!!
I am still laughing!!!

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you mention natural health food?

Surely natural health food is better found here natural health food ?

Great site though :)

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the blogger of the year award goes to mingling!! It's a good thing you started Games Cats Play, part 1: Barf Wars. I found your blog (sure is nice BTW) while I was looking for a site related to my sphynx breeder site. Maybe we can exchange links or perhaps share some resources as I am new to this whole blogging thing. If you get a chance stop by!

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the blogger of the year award goes to walaski!! It's a good thing you started Games Cats Play, part 1: Barf Wars. I found your blog (sure is nice BTW) while I was looking for a site related to my hairless cat breeders site. Maybe we can exchange links or perhaps share some resources as I am new to this whole blogging thing. If you get a chance stop by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home