Thursday, June 03, 2004

Portrait of my family

Mrooww!

I guess that in order to understand me, you'll need to know about the people and other Cats in my life, so a short Bio on each.

Ed: A mostly hairless, much overworked male human of approximately 38 years. I'm told he's employed by a large computer company, although he "works from home" so he's always around. He yowls a lot, about most anything, and is generally seen as a grump, but he'll pick me up when I cry, and always has a scratch for my head. When he was a poor student, he made sure that I had enough to eat, cooking me food, making vitamin enriched gravy for me and my sister to put on our foods, even when he couldn't afford to eat as well. He fed me from an eye dropper for days until I was strong enough to eat on my own.

Kim: A long-haired flame-point female human of approximately 37 years. Along with Ed, bought me from a rather cruel pet store in Missouri. She's my love. All's right in the world when I get a smile and hug from her. She was an instructor at what was called a community college, but now stays home to take care of her offspring. That's fine by me, because I can see her more this way. Her hair makes the perfect hiding place when at the vet. I'll climb up on her shoulder and bury my face in her hair, but they always seem to find me.

Syd: A long-haired blonde-point female human of 6 years. She and I are just getting to understand each other. Like many humans of that age, she's loud, and sometimes moves too suddenly for my taste, but she gives good scratches and allows me to sleep on her bed.

K: A long-haired blonde-point female human of 2 years. She scares me. I know she means well, and does try to give good scratches like her older sibling, but she comes at me so fast. I want to be around her, but sometimes it's best for me to just stay away.

JennyAnyDots: A tortie female (spayed) Cat of about 10 years. Lord, she's fat, 19 lbs. by her last vet visit on Tuesday. She's so fat, that she doesn't even put her head in the food bowl anymore. She just lays down on her side and shovels the food out of the bowl into her mouth with her paw. Jenny also scares me, and we've developed an understanding that I don't bother her, she doesn't beat me up. She tends to miss the litter box when she craps. We thought it was because she's so fat, so my humans purchased over-sized litter boxes...nope, still on the floor.

Jasper: A flame-point male (fixed) Cat of about 7 years. He's my buddy and my cuddle-toy. He's rather "dim" and being at least part Siamese, is LOUD and always talking. My humans call him "stink butt" but he smells fine to me. He was adopted by my humans from a rescue shelter after surviving a hurricane while living outside as a stray kitten with his sister.


Cats no longer with me:

Mei Ling: A Lynx-Point, and my older sister. When I was 5, she got really sick and was found to have cancer. It had spread, and my humans were told she was untreatable. This was Ed's love. I'm not sure really what happened, but they had to take her to the Vet one day, and I never saw her again. The humans cried a lot after that, (especially Ed, so don't tell me he's a grump) and I cried right along with them. I miss her to this day.

Neko: A rather scrawny lopsided orange-tabby male. He was funny and fearless, but left too soon. Like most of the other Cats in the house, he came from a shelter. You couldn't help but love him. After he had lived with us for only a few weeks, he started walking in circles and falling down. He just couldn't keep his head straight. He passed away. They were afraid of something called "rabies" but tests showed that he didn't have that. The humans aren't sure what happened.

Jasmine: A tortie-point female and Jasper's sister. she was always sick and finally passed away after only a few weeks. They had her examined and it was found that sometime prior to being rescued, she'd drunk some anti-freeze that had damaged her kidneys. We hope that it was an accident that she was able to get hold of that anti-freeze, because we all know that if someone did it on purpose, they should have their eyes scratched out!

That's my family, and will be the fodder for all my mewsings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home